Balmar AT-Series Small-Frame Ultra-High-Output Marine Alternators
Balmar AT-Series "Advanced Technology" High-Output Marine Alternator
Click here for our Pulley Selection Guide.
- Rated Alternator Output: 165 Amps (129 mm frame), 200 Amps (139 mm frame)
- Charging Voltage(s): 12V or 24V
- Stator Windings: 96 Slot, square copper wire. Three phase.
- Rectifier/Diodes: 12 40-Amp non-avalance diodes
- Mounting Styles (12V/165A): 1"single foot (Motorola), 2" single foot (Delco), 3.15"saddle (Hitachi)
- Mounting Styles (12V/200A or 24V/165A): 2" single foot (Delco) or 4"ID saddle (J180)
- Terminal Connections: Positive output post, negative output post (ground), AC tap (stator), field input (excite)
- Pulley Configurations: Dual 1/2" vee, serpentine polygroove
- Voltage Regulation: External P-Type only
- Alternator Housings: Advanced powdercoated cast aluminum. High-impact plastic rear cover
- One year limited warranty
Package (Optional) Includes:
Back to Top
- (1) AT-Series Alternator
- (1) MaxCharge Voltage Regulator
- (1) 1010 Wiring Harness
- (1) MC-TS-A Alternator Temperature Sensor
- (1) MC-TS-B Battery Temperature Sensor
- (1) 6-0020 Hardware Kit (Hitachi-Style only)
- SAVE $$$!
Balmar’s newest AT-Series alternators are uniquely designed to deliver greater output and higher efficiency than OEM or traditional S-wound aftermarket alternators.
Equipped with the latest technology hairpin stators, 129 mm AT-12-165 and 139 mm AT-12-200 series alternators deliver more output in a smaller frame size than any competitor’s small and mid-case alternators.
AT-Series alternators are designed for use with Balmar’s multi-stage Max Charge MC-614 or MC-624 voltage regulators, making it possible for these powerful alternators to provide targeted, customizable charging for a wide range of marine battery technologies. The densely-packed hairpin stator delivers exceedingly impressive low-end output and efficiency nearly 30 percent greater than comparable traditional wound designs.
AT-Series alternators start out with a unique hairpin stator design which uses densely-wound square copper wire to generate exceptional amperage output in the smallest area possible. Hairpin stators feature 96 slots, compared to a 36 slot stators, allowing the hairpin wound stator to develop superior electromagnetic energy and produce electrical current more efficiently than other traditional alternator designs.
New AT-Series alternators feature custom-designed, advanced powder-coat aluminum frames which are engineered to provide optimal airflow and unsurpassed cooling capacity. In addition, AT-Series alternators are equipped with a dozen 40-amp-capacity, externally mounted non-avalanche diodes, cool-running dual internal fans, and massive heat sinking designed to ensure ample cooling under high load demands.
Scaled to fit in most original-position installations, 128mm 165 amp AT-Series alternators are available in 1” and 2” single foot mounting styles, as well as a 3.15" dual foot saddle mount. Larger output, 200-amp alternators are housed in a 139mm diameter frame and feature a single 2” mounting foot. or your choice of 3.15" or 4" saddle style mounts.
Back to Top
Back to Top
Balmar AT-Series Marine Alternator Dimensions