The SPADE Polished Stainless Steel anchor has an exclusive Patented Design which allows us to offer a Six Month, Full Satisfaction Guarantee on your SPADE Anchor!
The SPADE Anchor is manufactured in three materials (Steel, Aluminum, and Stainless Steel), and in many sizes. Hi-tensile steel versions are hot-dip galvanized. All SPADE Anchors of the same size, regardless of the material they are made of, will work with the same efficiency.
Note: Plow shaped anchors are designed to plow the sea floor, as they move through it - hence the name. SPADE Anchors by name, and by action, dig deeply into the sea floor. Once they are buried in the sea floor, the concave shape of the SPADE Anchor is designed to compact the sea floor, and thus not to move!
This design is unique.
Seven Safety Criteria (Summary)
At SPADE, they never refer to an anchor’s weight, but rather to its
effective surface area. The remarkable efficiency of a SPADE Anchor is
due to the size, and shape, of its effective surface - SPADE Anchors of
the same surface area will have the same holding power, no matter the
material they are made of. All models meet the seven safety criteria:
- The anchor must dig in rapidly, regardless of the type of sea bottom.
- The anchor must bury itself deeply within the bottom.
- Once set, the anchor must give the maximum holding power without dragging.
- If the traction force exceeds the bottom holding characteristics, the anchor must offer constant, and maximum, resistance to dragging - even if it moves under extreme load.
- The anchor must keep on holding, regardless of the shift in direction of either the wind or the current.
- The anchor design must not allow the anchor rode to become snagged by the anchor.
- The anchor must be built strongly enough to withstand very high loads.
Tests show that the SPADE Anchor has much better holding characteristics than the traditional plow-type anchors such as CQR, Delta, or Bruce. The curved shank also makes the SPADE Anchor self-launching, even with a heavy chain to pull out of the chain locker.
† For catamarans, please choose the next larger size.