Balmar’s new MaxCharge MC-618-H 12 volt marine voltage regulators feature custom-selectable preset programs for nine battery technologies – standard flooded; deep-cycle flooded; gel; AGM; spiral-wound; LiFePO4; and Carbon Foam AGM – plus a default factory safe program and a separate program for vessels with voltage sensitive halogen systems. Advanced programming mode adds even greater user control.
Balmar has upgraded its legendary MC-614 Voltage Regulator to communicate with the SG200 Battery Monitor! Now you can see how the New MC-618 Regulator is directing your alternator charging activity from either the SG200 2″ Color Display and/or the optional Bluetooth® Smartphone App. Basic setup functions can be accomplished from the SG200 Color Display, Smartphone App or the traditional on-regulator programming tool. Advanced Programming functions are available and easily configured from the Bluetooth® Smartphone App.
- Monitor Alternator/Regulator Activity from the SG200
- Setup Regulator from 2″ Color Display or the Smartphone App
- Advanced Programming from the Smartphone App
- All the Same Regulation Features as the MC-614
- New Carbon Foam AGM Battery Profile
- Improved High Temperature Alternator Control
- Protects Lithium Batteries below Freezing Temperatures
- 9 Selectable Programs for Marine Batteries (including LiFePO4 and Carbon Foam AGM)
- 15 Amp Maximum Field Current
- Advanced Programming Modes
- Alternator & Battery Temperature Sensing & Control
- Exclusive Belt Load Manager Function
- Bright LED Display and Easy Programming Mode
- Can be Used in Twin-Engine Applications with Centerfielder II
- Includes universal wiring harness and SG200 network adapter cable
Monitor your Alternator’s Performance with Real-Time Data
- Charging Stage
- Compare Actual Voltage against Target Voltage
- Monitor Field Output Percentage
- Set Maximum Field Percentage
Add the Optional Bluetooth® Gateway to Enable Advanced Programming
- Configure ALL Regulator Parameters
- Save and Recall Regulator Programs
- Monitor Regulator Performance from your Smartphone
- Collect and Share Diagnostic Information
Best of all, the New MC-618 is priced the same as the MC-614 and also comes with a cable adapter for the SmartLinkTM Network at no additional charge. Merely purchase a 5M (SG2-0403) or 10M (SG2-0400) data cable to connect to the Network.
Use The SmartLinkTM Network for Charging and Monitoring
- Build your own charging and battery monitoring network!
- Add Color Displays for viewing data in different locations.
- All charging and battery information can be displayed anywhere on the SmartLinkTM Network
- SG200 Firmware upgrades are available via downloads through the Smpartphone App and Bluetooth® Gateway.
- Dual engine applications are easily supported by connecting both MC-618 regulators to the SmartLinkTM Network.
- Add SmartShunts if you have multiple banks.
- Stern or Bow Thruster Banks
- House Bank #2
Great voltage regulator with many programmable options to adapt to your boat conditions and battery system. Can be put off remotely which means you could act on the regulator with a Lithium battery BMS.
Great help and support by Tim to configure the required components. Balmar delivered in St Martin through a forwarder and the installation was done on the boat at anchor !