Balmar SG200 Battery Monitor Starter Kit
Balmar has combined recent technology advances to introduce a next generation battery monitor. The SG200 is quite simply the most accurate battery monitor available today. Balmar has combined the best features of its 1st generation Smartgauge™ with many advantages of a shunt-based amp- hour counting system. Further, we’ve designed a device architecture which facilitates multiple gauges or multiple shunts to be added to the network – allowing the boater to monitor multiple energy storage banks simultaneously from multiple locations.
In addition, the SG200 Color Display is easy to read, configurab le and fits any standard 2 1/16” gauge socket. Now you can determine your battery(s) condition from anywhere on the vessel or vehicle with multiple displays, or simply add the optional Bluetooth ® Smartphone App to keep information in your pocket!
- Intelligent, Self-Calibrating Accuracy: The SG200 quickly adapts to the specific characteristics of your battery and maintains accuracy over of the life of your battery.
- No Synchronization: SG200 does not drift in accuracy with multiple Partial State of Charge (PSoC) cycles. Synchronization is not needed to ensure the SG200 is accurate!
- Revolutionary State of Health (SoH%): All batteries age, diminishing in capacity over time. The SG200 accounts for aging factors to determine State of Health (SoH) as a percentage of the battery’s original capacity. The SG200 also adjusts for changes in battery capacity to account for aging. This means that you no longer run into the real, inevitable problem of discharging batteries below a safe State of Charge before charging. Many battery owners think they are treating their batteries well, but are unaware they are chronically discharging the batteries beyond a point which causes “sulfation” and significan tly shortens battery life and apacity.
- Works With all Major Battery Types: Charge profiles are characterized for Standard Lead Acid, Lithium (LiFePO4), Standard AGM,Thin Plate Pure Lead AGM (TPPL), Carbon Foam AGM and GEL batteries.
- Embedded History, Faults & Alerts: Provides a complete picture of your dual purpose battery system.
Tim Allen –
Balmar SG200 is Very Useful
Having assisted with Alpha- and Beta-testing of the new SG200, we are pleased to announce that it is available for retail purchase. Our test boat, “”Rebel Yell,”” is a Regal pocket cruiser that we use very frequently, with overnight camp-outs at least every month. The SG200 draws very little power, but is very powerful!
As an engineer, I am fully versed in battery status terms and values (volts, amps, amp-hours, etc.), and how to use these values to make judgements about battery charging and maintenance. The SG200 simplifies this process so much, and quickly gets to the point of battery monitoring: How long can I run at this load, and are my batteries getting tired?
Two screens make this simple – “”Time Remaining,”” and “”State of Health.””
Two additional screens display Charge/Discharge Amps, and “”State of Charge”” as a percentage.
The single button user interface takes about 10 seconds to get used to, and allows access to full configuration of battery type and capacity, high and low voltage alarms, high and low current alarms, and much more.
Installation is straightforward, and the display mounts in a standard gauge hole – easier to cut than a rectangle! Altogether, the SG200 is a well-thought-out product, and well made.