The NextGen UCM1-3.5 Marine Diesel Generator from Next Generation Power Engineering (NextGen) is one of the lightest, most compact and efficient diesel gen-sets in its class. NextGen diesel generators are well known for their reliability and ease of maintenance.
- Mid speed operation provides low sound and vibration levels
- Lower operating speeds to reduce sound levels and increase life expectancy
- Fully fresh water marinized heavy duty Kubota diesel engine for trouble free operation
- Average fuel consumption to just 2/10 GPH
- Ultra compact size and light-weight construction
- Dimensions: 28″ W x 15.5″ D x 15″ H w/o Enclosure, 30″ W x 18″ D x 16.5″ H with Enclosure
- Panel dimensions: 6″ W x 4″ H
- Weight: 160 lb w/o Enclosure, 200 lb with Enclosure
- Noise Level at 7 ft [2 m]: 72 dB w/o Enclosure, 63 dB with Enclosure
- Power output: 3.5 kW Peak, 3.2 kW Continuous
Compare with Fischer Panda 4200 Plus Specifications:
- 3600 RPM (single cylinder engine)
- Enclosure Dimensions: 20.5″ W x 14.6″ D x 20.5″ H
- Panel Dimensions: 4.7″ W x 2.4″ H
- Weight: 230 lb
- Noise Level at 7 ft [2 m]: ~65 dB (converted from 54 dB @ 7 meters)
- Power output: 4.1 kW Peak, 3.7 kW Continuous
The Next Gen 3.5 kW marine diesel generator makes a very reliable power source for off-grid cruising, or running air conditioning for a hot afternoon on the water. Quiet and easy to maintain, the UCM1-3.5 is a great choice for small to medium size yachts. The NextGen 3.5 may be a good replacement for a Fisher Panda 4200/4000, but is almost 10 inches wider so check your installation space.
Simple to maintain, and easy on the wallet, this is a great little genset for smaller vessels.
Please note: If you are installing on a boat that has gasoline engines for the main propulsion, you need to order with the Ignition Protection option.
Remember to never store portable gasoline containers below deck.
Find the manufacturer’s spec sheet here: NextGen 3.5 kW Specifications
* 120/240 VAC, 4-Wire installation requires additional circuit protection