The NextGen UCM2-5.5 Marine Diesel Generator from Next Generation Power Engineering (NextGen) is perfect for mid-size vessels, or as a back-up for large vessels. NextGen diesel generators are well known for their reliability and ease of maintenance.
- Mid speed operation provides low sound and vibration levels
- Lower operating speeds to reduce sound levels and increase life expectancy
- Fully fresh water marinized heavy duty Kubota diesel engine for trouble free operation
- Average fuel consumption to just 3/10 GPH
- Compact size and light-weight construction
- Dimensions: 23″ W x 17″ D x 20″ H w/o Enclosure, 25.5″ W x 20″ D x 21″ H with Enclosure
- Panel dimensions: 6″ W x 4″ H (basic) or 8.5″ W x 9″ H (4-gauge)
- Gauges and start/stop switch can be remove from panel for custom installation
- Weight: 230 lb w/o Enclosure, 270 lb with Enclosure
- Noise Level at 7 ft [2 m]: 72 dB w/o Enclosure, 63 dB with Enclosure
- Power output: 5.5 kW Peak, 5.0 kW Continuous
Compare with Fischer Panda 4200 Plus Specifications:
- 3600 RPM (single cylinder engine)
- Enclosure Dimensions: 20.5″ W x 14.6″ D x 20.5″ H
- Panel Dimensions: 4.7″ W x 2.4″ H
- Weight: 230 lb
- Noise Level at 7 ft [2 m]: ~65 dB (converted from 54 dB @ 7 meters)
- Power output: 4.1 kW Peak, 3.7 kW Continuous
The 5.5 kW Next Gen diesel generator makes a very reliable power source for off-grid cruising, or running air conditioning for a hot afternoon on the water. Quiet and easy to maintain, the UCM2-5.5 or UCM2-5.5E is a great choice for medium size yachts.
This generator offers plenty of power for most boats that use twin 30 amp shore power circuits.
Please note: If you are installing on a boat that has gasoline engines for the main propulsion, you need to order with the Ignition Protection option.
Remember to never store portable gasoline containers below deck.
Find the manufacturer’s spec sheet here: NextGen 5.5 kW Specifications
* 120/240 VAC, 4-Wire installation requires additional circuit protection
Gary Hodges, Corpus Christie, TX –
First class experience shopping and purchasing the generator. The generator w/sound enclosure is much quieter than I expected.
Jeff Ellison, Pflugerville, TX –
Good experience, Thank you
Walter Gulley –
I bought a boat with the NextGen generator 5.5Kw diesel generator in it about a month ago. The generator hd not been run in nearly 3 years, after about 30 minutes of cranking and bleeding fuel lines and a few other tricks, besides removing starter and freeing the bendix then reinstalling it it fired up and worked. It stayed running for about 5 minutes so I threw the breaker to have it power the boat. It worked and the a/c, battery charger and everything worked for another 20 minutes and then I shut it down so I can replace fuel water separator and install a new starter I ordered from the manufacturer and should be all set.